The new tank is fitted and the bed put back together over it. I cut out a section of floor to determine if there had been any serious contamination. There was no contamination but I found the ballast included broken slabs. It was a clear statement in the build contract that it would be whole slabs only. As I now need to add some additional weight to this side of the boat I'll replace these with whole slabs.
The tank comes from Goodwin Plastics. I asked for quotes for 2 sizes of tank, this size and the same as the old one. Prices for the larger tank were the same but Goodwin was significantly cheaper for this size. After the tank was delivered I realised that I needed an addition 1" BSP female input for the level sensor. Goodwin supplied a 'patch' with the necessary fitting. Cutting a hole and fixing the 'patch seemed to go smoothly.
From the top the pipes are 1" breather, 1 1/2" pumpout and 1 1/2" input. These are connected from the tank with flexible hoses to hosetail fittings into 1 1/2" BSP 40mm domestic push fit fittings. The pipes from this point are solvent weld. The grey pipes are hot and cold water and central heating.
I asked for the f'ard tank side to be in 'natural' so that it should be possible to see the level of effluent in the tank. I estimate, for 2 onboard, 2 weeks between pumpouts ...
Next task will be replace the ballast and floor and then to remake the bed to give access to the extra storage space created from the smaller tank. When remaking the bed I will remake the 'slides' which have worked well to extend the cross bed across the passageway except the 10mm ply has not been strong enough ... 3 slats are 'cracked'.
No comments:
Post a Comment