Sunday, 28 October 2012

Finished and back in Diglis

 Just like when Ada first met the sun! We chose to keep the same colour scheme and signwriting style because we like it and it was less likely to give problems. The blue and red are very close to the original colours but the yellow is more so and less golden. Paint is International. The grey roof was as originally painted before I repainted it to Raddle Red.
Lowesmoor Wharf have done a good job. The blue finish and red finish is excellent. The yellow lining has an edge. I think the masking tape did not get sufficiently close to the edge of the blue. The non slip grey deck paint is a bit streaked but we now think it's too light so may well repaint the front and rear decks a darker grey.
Overall very pleased but disappointed they did not communicate progress.
A comment from Paul, the painter, was that there was a lot of rusting on the front deck and the side decks to about 75mm up the cabin sides. I am not surprised I should have been more particular and patch painted as the damage/rust appeared.
The cruise back was agonising. I turned it out of the boat yard without a touch. Judith struck entering the first lock and then glided perfectly into the second. The wind cause difficulties at the basin swing bridge but help operating the bridge while I held the boat helped greatly. With the wind side on backing into the moorings was with use of lots of engine power and the bow thruster but eventually in without hitting anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment