Sunday, 15 December 2013

Stirling Advanced Regulator and Battery Maintenance

I last wrote about the advanced regulator was when I had a temporary connection to power the unit  cruising the Droitwich Ring. Since then I found a connection on the ignition switch that has power on only when the ignition is switched on. The unit it now wired in permanently. With this unit and the Smart Gauge I now confident that I've taken the guesswork out of managing battery capacity.

The only remaining 'management' issues are the state of the fuel tank and holding tank. We cruise hoping one is full and the other is empty, probably topping up and pumping out more often than needed. Management of the fuel tank will remain a broom handle but I may investigate a holding tank gauge.

Took out and check the domestic batteries … went to check the bow thruster batteries to find they are maintenance free!

No comments:

Post a Comment